I can’t believe it’s been more than a month since I blogged anything to you. So much has been happening that it’s been a challenge just to keep up with living it, let alone, to write about it. Here’s a brief outline.
I took a trip to the East Coast where I:
- Went to an amazing Co-Counseling workshop in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Visited with family and friends in New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
- Made new friends.
- Ate incredible food in NYC, the WORLD CAPITAL of incredible Food.
- Stayed with my friends, Marci and Terry Stern, at their home in Wilmington, Delaware, just across the river from Philadelphia.
- Blissfully played with their 1-year old grandson, Jackson, when he came to visit with his mother, Leah.
- Stayed at the Yotel in the theater district of Manhattan (the most amazing hotel EVER).
- Stayed at the US Pacific Hotel, a former rooming house in Chinatown (cheap but clean and safe).
- Went to Friday night Shabbat services at Beit Simchat Torah where the newly installed cantor, choir and pianist were so amazing that it was like being at a musical theater Broadway show, if the show consisted mostly of prayers.
- Flew back to Colorado, and, while riding the light rail from the airport, fell and sustained an injury to my ribs. I am still recovering from that at the same time as a lung infection that flared up 2 day later.
- Had a great Halloween make-your-own-costume party at my house anyway.
- Went to TWO fantastic concerts in one week: The Script and Imagine Dragons.
- Started teaching a class called Judaism 101 at Abiding Hope (Lutheran) Church, situated a 5 minute drive away from where I live in Littleton, CO.
That’s a bakers dozen of reasons why I’ve been preoccupied and not writing. So, it’s time to catch up. I considered writing 12 posts, but that’s ridiculous so I’m just going to carry on as if there was no break.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!