I also try to catch anything good that comes up during the day in my little notebook and re-broadcast it here.
It’s all pretty painless because I’m not trying to say anything deep, although occasionally something profound sneaks in. I also don’t have any rules about how long any essay has to be.
I don’t publish everything I write because:
- On further inspection, I don’t agree with what I wrote.
- Any particular idea may not deserve to have a big audience.
- It doesn’t make sense once I am fully awake.
- It’s unnecessarily mean or petty.
- I get distracted by or attracted to something funnier or more beautiful.